The Charity operates 23 almshouses in the villages of Ewelme, Oxfordshire and Marsh Gibbon, Buckinghamshire. All are equipped to a very high standard, and depending on their location, some share areas of communal garden and others have gardens of their own.
were the original thirteen almshouses completed in 1455. They are built around a quadrangle and are immediately adjacent to the Church in Ewelme. They were modified internally in the 1970s to provide eight self-contained flats. Each flat has a sitting room, a bedroom, a fully fitted kitchen, and a bathroom/WC. Some are located at first floor level, and therefore, have stairs.
There are shared laundry facilities, and a guest room for use by visitors to residents at both Ewelme almshouses. The almshouse allotments are immediately adjacent, as is parking for residents and visitors.
is located on The Street in Ewelme. It was built in 1978 and provides five self-contained flats with gardens on two sides. The flats are all on ground level, although one has a bedroom on the first floor, and therefore has stairs. There is a laundry room on-site, and the almshouse allotments are immediately adjacent, as is parking for residents and visitors.
Suffolk Court, Marsh Gibbon
was built in the 1980s, and was the charity’s first almshouse development outside Ewelme. This ten-unit development recognises the significance of Marsh Gibbon to the charity’s estates, and provides the opportunity for residential continuity for those with close connections to the Marsh Gibbon area.
The almshouses are similar to those in Ewelme, and offer residents a sitting room, bedroom, fitted kitchen and bathroom/WC. The almshouses each have their own small garden and are within easy walking distance of the village facilities. There is parking on site and some garages are available for rent.